Clark Kent attended Smallville High from 2001 to 2005 with his close friends Pete Ross, Chloe Sullivan and Lana Lang. Clark once ran for Class President for the 2002/2003 school year, but lost the election soundly to fellow student Paul Chan, who won despite being injured and absent. Chloe's cousin Lois Lane briefly attended as a senior student in 2004 to gather study points for entering Metropolis University.
The Smallville High marquee was struck by a meteor in the May 2005 meteor shower that struck Smallville.
- Biology (Heat)
- Geology (Leech)
- Metal shop (Dichotic)
- History (Crisis, Slumber)
- English/Literature (Truth)
- Physics Lab (Obsession)
- Electronics Lab (Visitor)
- Mathematics (Dichotic)
- Economics (Obsession)
- Photography (Forever)
Faculty members seen or mentioned on the show include:
- James Kwan - principal, until his death in 2002
- Principal Gibbons - Interim principal briefly in 2002
- Terrence Reynolds - principal since 2002, presumably still currently, a former headmaster of Excelsior Academy
- Mr. Summers - Geology
- Desirée Atkins - Biology, briefly in 2002 until her arrest
- Mr. Frankel - Metalshop, until his death in 2002
- Mr. Jensen - History
- Mr. Blair - History
- Marianne Taylor - Literature, until her arrest in 2004, also voted Teacher of the Year for the 2003/2004 school year.
- Walt Arnold - Football coach for 25 years until his death in 2001. The football stadium is named in his honor.
- Wayne Quigley - Football coach, successor to Coach Arnold.
- Jason Teague - Assistant football coach to Coach Quigley, briefly in 2004 until being fired for dating a student.
- Joseph Altman - Cross-country and track coach, until his death in 2004
- Scott Bowman
- Jeremy Creek
- Derek Fox
- Geoff Johns
- Jonathan Kent
- Laura Potter Lang
- Wade Mahaney
- Ethan Miller
- Nell Potter
- The four oldest Ross children
- The 3 jocks who strung up Jeremy Creek as the Scarecrow.
- The Smallville Torch - the school's newspaper, also known simply as the Torch, edited by Chloe Sullivan when she was a student. Clark Kent and Pete Ross both served as regular reporters for the Torch, and Lois Lane also wrote for the Torch during her short stay at Smallville High. Lana Lang briefly acted as a substitute editor in early 2002 when Principal Kwan suspended Chloe from duty. By 2010, the Torch was run by Zoe and Clayton.
- Smallville Crows - the school varsity football team. Clark Kent, Whitney Fordman and Pete Ross all played on the team. Lana Lang was briefly a cheerleader during her freshman year, and Abigail Fine was the mascot performer during the 2001/2002 school year. Jason Teague was the team's assistant coach during the 2004 season.
Smallville High School also offers baseball, basketball, swimming, gymnastics, and track sports. The Smallville High School yearbook website can be viewed here (for Clark's freshman year) and here (for Clark's sophomore year) at Warnerbros.com. Smallville High has a homecoming dance, spring formal and senior prom, at which they have hosted the rock bands Remy Zero and Lifehouse.
- Season One: Pilot, Metamorphosis, Hothead, X-Ray, Cool, Hourglass, Craving, Jitters, Rogue, Shimmer, Hug, Leech, Zero, Nicodemus, Reaper, Drone, Crush, Obscura, Tempest
- Season Two: Heat, Duplicity, Red, Nocturne, Redux, Lineage, Ryan, Dichotic, Visage, Fever, Rosetta, Visitor, Witness, Accelerate, Calling, Exodus
- Season Three: Phoenix ,Extinction, Slumber, Perry, Relic, Magnetic, Asylum, Whisper, Delete, Hereafter, Velocity, Obsession, Resurrection, Crisis, Truth, Talisman, Forsaken, Covenant
- Season Four: Crusade, Facade, Devoted, Transference, Jinx, Bound, Scare, Unsafe, Pariah, Recruit, Lucy, Onyx, Spirit, Blank, Ageless, Forever, Commencement
- Season Ten: Homecoming
- Smallville Scarecrow
- Main Article: Scarecrow
The Scarecrow is a traditional Homecoming week prank in which Smallville High senior football players choose a male freshman which they take into the cornfields, strip him down to his underwear, paint a red S on his chest, and hang him on a post as a scarecrow. Jeremy Creek and Clark Kent were both chosen as Scarecrows.
In an attempt to send a message to Clark a degenerated clone of Lex Luthor kidnaps Lois Lane and deliberately strings her up as a scarecrow with a red 'S' painted on her shirt in the exact same field the original Lex Luthor had found and rescued Clark.
- Dunk Tank
Early each year, a chosen student sits above a dunk tank after classes where other students may attempt to dunk him/her by hitting the target with a football passed out by a member of the football team. Lana Lang and Clark Kent have both been in the dunk tank (Facade). Clark was about to dunk Lana, and Lois managed to dunk Clark.
- Between the fall of 2001 and spring of 2005, there were a total of four fatalities among the staff of Smallville High: Walt Arnold, James Kwan, Frankle and Joseph Altman.
- During the same time period, there were a total of 12 confirmed fatalities among Smallville High students: Jenna Barnum, Troy Turner, Russell Burton, Chrissy Parker, Travis George, Jake Pollen, Nathan Dean, Garrett Davis, Dawn Stiles, Karen Gallagher, Haley Timmonds and Brendan Nash.
|Places in Smallville|