- Samuel "Sam" Lane is the father of Lois and Lucy Lane, along with widower of Ella Lane.
- Ella Lane was Sam Lane's wife and Lois and Lucy Lane's mother.
- Lois Lane is the oldest daughter of Sam and Ella Lane, along with Lucy Lane's sister.
- Lucy Lane is the youngest daughter of Sam and Ella Lane, along with Lois Lane's younger sister.
- Sullivan family
- Samuel Troupe: A biological relative, alongside another person named Troupe (first name unknown), of the Lanes. Little is known about him, including the specfic nature of his relationship with the Lane family.
- Lois Queen (née Lane) was a native of Earth-2. The widow of Oliver Queen.
- Lois Lane was a native of Earth-Majestic.
General Sam Lane married Ella Lane and had two daughters: Lois and Lucy. Lois was born around 1986 and Lucy a couple of years later. Lois spent her formative years as an army brat, following her career military father around the world. Her mother died from cancer when Lois and Lucy were both very young: Lois was six at the time. Later, Sam sent Lucy to boarding school in Switzerland, while Lois traveled around with him during her youth where she developed a lot of useful skills and abilities that would help her greatly in her life as the best investigative reporter for the Daily Planet.
In the Comics
In the Golden Age/Earth-Two continuity, Lois Lane had a niece named Susie Tompkins, who first appeared in Action Comics #59 (April, 1943). Susie's parents remained unnamed until Action Comics #484 (June, 1978), where they were established to be Lucille (née Lane) and George Tompkins. Lois married the Clark Kent/Superman of Earth-Two. The two never had biological children, but came to regard Clark's cousin, Kara Zor-L/Karen Starr/Power Girl, as their daughter.
The Lane family was more fleshed out in the Silver Age of comics. Lois Lane's parents were a farmer named Samuel "Sam" Lane and his wife, Ella Lane. The two first appeared in Superman's Girl Friend, Lois Lane #13 (November, 1959). Additionally, Lois had a sister named Lucy Lane, who first appeared in Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen #36 (April, 1959). Lois and Lucy had an uncle named Ned Lane, who first appeared in Action Comics #269 (October, 1960), and Superman #349 (July, 1980) introduced their cousin Louis Lane. Furthermore, Superman Family #188 (April, 1978) established Margo Lane (a love interest and supporting character of The Shadow) to be a distant cousin of Lois Lane.
Following Crisis on Infinite Earths, the Lane family was rebooted. Sam Lane was re-introduced in Adventures of Superman #424 (January, 1987), as a military man, rather than a farmer. Pre-Crisis relatives Susie Tompkins, George Tompkins, Ned Lane and Louis Lane were all dropped from continuity. In the post-Crisis continuity, Lucy became involved with Daily Planet reporter, Ron Troupe. They married and had a son, named Samuel "Sam" Troupe, who first appeared in Adventures of Superman #587 (February, 2001).