Justin is a rather tall, slender kid, with brown eyes and short dark-brown curly hair.
Justin loved art, and as such, he enjoyed drawing, sketching, and doodling. He also had a crush on Chloe Sullivan. After his accident, Justin became driven by anger, wanting revenge against those who wronged him.
Powers and Abilities
- Telekinesis: Justin can influence the movement of objects and people with his mind, being able to affect the course by which they move, and he can also control the speed and momentum of the object. He is able to move numerous in the same time, and even able to move massive objects aush as cars. 
He was hit by a car driven by Danny Kwan. Because of the accident, he lost the use of his hands, but somehow developed the power of telekinesis to compensate for the loss of the motor skills in his hands. 
He was first seen recovering from surgery and complaining about the loss of his hands. The doctor who treated him attempted to console him saying he had originally been a musician who lost his career, but made the best of his situation when he parlayed his handiwork into a career in medicine. In private, Justin used his abilities to cause an elevator accident which crushed the doctor's arms out of anger for his perceived failure to cure him. Justin noticed Chloe Sullivan had a fight with Clark Kent regarding his exclusion of her to focus on his new friendships with Lana Lang and Lex Luthor, and played on this by pretending to be the caring, sensitive man she was looking for. Justin presented Chloe with a drawing of herself, which impressed her, but she was curious how he could do so in his paraplegic state. Justin claimed he could draw "if he concentrated hard enough", which was technically true. After finding out that it was Principal Kwan's car was responsible for damaging him, he murdered Kwan. He never learned the truth, that Danny Kwan was the driver, and his father had never reported it to the authorities and discouraged Danny from doing so out of concern it would ruin his future. 
After discovering a newspaper article about the doctor's accident in Justin's bag, Clark had his suspicions about Justin, but even after learning about Justin's powers- when he levitated various small objects in the Torch offices as they kissed- Chloe didn't believe he would ever hurt anyone, only realizing the truth after she examined his sketchbook and saw pictures of Kwan and the doctor being attacked. She called Clark for help, but Justin subsequently attacked her in Clark's barn, only to be defeated by Clark when Clark's abilities proved more than a match for his. At the end of "Crush" Chloe states that Justin's parents said that he was admitted into a psychiatric ward. 
See: Justin Gaines
- Season One: Crush
- Season Three: Extinction (Mentioned only)
- Season Five: Fade (Mentioned only)
- Smallville The Comic: Raptor (Mentioned only)
- There are significant similarities between Justin and later meteor freak Seth Nelson; both manifested meteor powers after an accident, subsequently pursued a relationship with at least one of the girls in Clark's life – Chloe in Justin's case and Lana in Seth's – and each told their girl about their abilities (Although it is suggested that Seth's relationship with Lana was based on him manipulating her mind where Justin and Chloe's bond had a more genuine affection behind it even if he was insane).
- Justin was the first super-powered foe Clark faced where it was never explicitly established that his powers were the result of kryptonite exposure, although the timing and circumstances of the accident create the possibility that kryptonite was responsible, and Chloe and Lana also later acknowledge him as a meteor freak in Extinction.
- Adam Brody (Justin) also played the part of Seth Cohen in The O.C. He is the first of three O.C. alumni to appear on Smallville. The other two are Chris Carmack (Geoff Johns), Johnny Lewis (Gabriel Duncan) and Michael Cassidy (Grant Gabriel) and Paul Wesley (Lucas Luthor).
- Justin was mentioned in Extinction.
- His profile name was shown in Vengeance Chronicles and Fade.
- Adam Brody appeared as Captain Marvel Jr. in Shazam!, making him one of numerous actors (including Amy Adams, Alessandro Juliani, Michael Cassidy, and Ted Whitall) appearing in both the universes of Smallville and the cinematic DC Extended universe.