|Occupation||Daily Planet reporter|
|Played By||Evan C. Schulte|
Jeff Hage was an intern at the Daily Planet and is now a cub reporter.
Jeff is portrayed as a polite and innocent young man.
He appeared in the Daily Planet eating the last maple donut that Lois wanted. Clark, who was temporarily given the ability of telepathy, heard Lois' thought, supersped and took it from Jeff and gave it to her, leaving the intern baffled.
Lois asked Jeff to go to a Wedding bakery to pick up a cake for her.
He was the first employee at the Planet to see Clark's new look.
Inside the Daily Planet bullpen, Lois arrives to see the bullpen practically empty with the exception of Jeff who is sitting at Clark's desk admiring a photo of Lois & Clark. Lois startled Jeff and beings to have a little chat with her former intern assistance now turned copy boy. Lois learns the reason behind the absence of most of the reporters is due to the high level of Superman actives around the city with his newly 24'7 schedule the press have more stories to run than they can handle. Lois suggest that perhaps they should look into other stories to write but Jeff reminds her that Superman is big news and most of her front page headliners feature "The Man Of Steel". Jeff also inquires to Lois about the whereabouts of Clark to which Lois simply replies that he's keeping himself busy.
In the city, Jeff and his roommate, Bert are arguing what they think about Clark and to an extent Lois Lane. Soon the argument is interrupted by Superman crashing through the wall. After apologizing for the mess and disruption, Superman returns to the fracas with Psimon outside. Later Lois snoops around at the ruins of LuthorCorp's abandoned Ridge Facility, when she receives a call from Jeff at the Daily Planet. He relays that she received a call from Simon Jones at Stryker's. She asks if he was able to make sense of the note Lex unknowingly wrote during her visit to LexCorp. Jeff says he's still working on it.
In Clark's dream sequence in 2013, Jeff was still assisting Lois Lane at the Daily Planet.
In 2017, Jeff is still working at the Daily Planet, but is now working at Clark's old desk in the basement as a full-time reporter and not as an intern anymore.
- Jeff: Dry cleaning and your morning coffee, Ms. Lane.
- Chloe as Lois: Thanks, um...?
- Jeff: Don't worry Ms. Lane, you'll remember my name one of these days.
- Season Eight, Hex
- Since Season Eight, Jeff has appeared in four Bryan Q. Miller-penned episodes. (Hex, Echo, Warrior and Masquerade)
- Clark was the first person to mention Jeff by name. (Hex)
- Salvation, Homecoming and Finale, Part 1 are the only episodes Jeff has appeared in that weren't written by Bryan Q. Miller.
- Jeff attended Clark and Lois' wedding in 2011 and even escorted Martha down the aisle. (Finale, Part 1)
- Jeff appeared in 7 episodes which tied him with Dr. Harden, Adam Knight, Grant Gabriel, Gina, and Faora (clone) as the 10th most frequently seen recurring characters in the series after Jor-El, Nancy Adams, Brainiac, Emil Hamilton, Ethan Miller, John Jones, Nell Potter, George, and Helen Bryce. Jeff, Dr. Harden, Adam, Grant, Gina, and Faora are the most frequently seen recurring characters who are tied with each other in the number of episodes they appeared in.
- Despite being one of the more frequently seen recurring characters in the series, Jeff's actor, Evan C. Schulte, never received "Guest Starring" billing that appears after the opening credits in any of his episodes.
- According to season Eleven, Jeff is gay.