- This article is about the ability to heal at a faster rate. For the ability to heal others, see heal.
Healing factor is the ability to recover from injuries with greater speed and finality than naturally possible as well as immunity to illness.
Powers and Abilities
Unlike a great majority of Kryptonian powers and abilities that manifest because of unknown inner development, their healing factor appears to manifest early on, and much like their invulnerability, this ability seems to become immediately inherent after they are forced to adapt to objects and or other beings that can hurt them, healing almost immediately after the event.
Earth's yellow sun makes them regenerative, allowing them to heal from virtually any injury almost instantly, as long as they are not exposed to green kryptonite. Their self-healing ability is rarely displayed, however, mainly due to their state of near-invulnerability. Blue kryptonite suppresses the healing factor (along with all other powers) until the Kryptonian who is exposed to it is far enough away. Injuries gained by a Kryptonian exposed to gold kryptonite do not heal and leave a scar.
The Kryptonian machine computer program called Brainiac is regenerative in the sense that if he ever gets wounded from Kryptonian objects, he can heal himself of the injury by absorbing energies from other sources. Preparing Lex Luthor for possession by General Zod, Brainiac laced a serum with his own metals, and injected it into Lex, giving him Kryptonian abilities.
In addition to an ability to heal others, Chloe Sullivan also possessed a healing factor that enabled her to come back to life whenever her life force became depleted while healing somebody else. Arthur Curry and Mera can both heal themsleves from injuries through contact with water. Through kryptonite and electricity, through a power-swap with a Kryptonian, the person can get their abilities, including their healing factor. Curtis Knox was an immortal, who could, through cell regeneration, heal himself of bodily injuires.
- Human technology
Dr. Pamela Black, a scientist hired by Queen Industries, developed a drug, RL65, that gave human subjects a healing factor. It was used repeatedly by the Green Arrow until its side effect of intermittent rage forced him to stop using the drug.
Characters with a healing factor
- Clark Kent - Clark has repeatedly shown himself to be extremely regenerative, which allows him to heal from virtually any bodily injury at an accelerated pace, and direct contact with Earth's yellow sun strengthens this ability to the point where he can recover from any wound instantly.
- General Zod - Zod can recover from virtually any wond almost instantly. 
- Raya - Raya was able to heal herself from many inflicted injuries.
- Davis Bloome - Davis a healing property that works very differently than that of other Kryptonians, as he can get hurt, but he adapts to it, making him impervious to that type of assault, something that normal Kryptonians can't achieve.
- Conner Kent
- Arthur Curry - Arthur, while submerged under, or above water, can heal from almost any wound rapidly. 
- Mera - Mera can, much like her husband Arthur, heal from injuries in water. 
- Bizarro -
- John Jones - John is regenerative in nature, but unlike Kryptonians, he must leave Earth's atmosphere in order for it to work, which allows him to heal from virtually any wound rapidly. 
- Brainiac - Brainiac can relieve his body of any injury by absorbing electricity or by draining energy. 
- Curtis Knox - Curtis can heal from injuries. 
- Slade Wilson - Slade has a healing factor, he instantly healed from a cut on his face he received from Lois Lane. He also healed from being hit in the back by Carter Hall's mace. It however could not regenerate lost body parts, as he wore an eye patch over where he lost an eye.
- Eric Summers - Eric, through electricity and kryptonite, through a power-swap, no longer needed to wear glasses.
- Jeremiah Holdsclaw - Jeremiah, while in possession of the Starblade, seemed to no longer need his glasses.
- Frederick Walden - 
- Greg Arkin - 
- Martian Manhunter: I had a run-in with the last Phantom... I have to leave Earth's atmosphere to heal.
- Season Six, Phantom
:Clark: Speaking of heartbeats, you didn't have one for over eighteen hours.
- Chloe: Look, I was hoping we could skip the lecture and go straight to the "Welcome Back" dinner, I'm starving...
- Clark: That's fifteen hours longer than the last time, Chloe. I've been sitting here literally trying to think about what to say at your funeral.
- Chloe: Well, let's both be glad I'm alive, 'cause I know how much you hate giving speeches.
- Season Seven, Fracture
- Season One: Leech
- Season Three: Extinction, Asylum
- Season Four: Devoted
- Season Seven: Bizarro, Quest
- Season Eight: Eternal, Doomsday
- Season Ten: Lazarus, Harvest, Dominion
- An occasional by-product of this ability includes a greater lifespan or total agelessness.
|Clark Kent's powers and abilities in Smallville|